Storytelling in education certification course
Fostering Inclusive Learning, Building Creative Confidence, and Engaging Lesson Plans through Storytelling Techniques
Transform learning experiences by gaining tools and resources to deliver impactful lessons that foster a love for learning. Create measurable improvement in student engagement, learning outcomes, and critical thinking.
Blue Sky Storytelling in Education Course Overview
This course empowers educators with storytelling techniques to enhance their teaching skills, build creative confidence, create engaging lesson plans, and promote inclusive learning.
Educators will learn how to curate diverse texts, seamlessly integrate them across subjects, and leverage storytelling to support students’ social-emotional learning (SEL). Additionally, the course will focus on enhancing students’ active listening, articulation of ideas, reading comprehension, and writing skills. By the end of the course, educators will be equipped to deliver impactful lessons that foster a love for learning, positively impacting student performance, critical thinking, and skills development.
In this course, educators will create a capstone project and build engaging growth-oriented lesson plans and incorporate storytelling skills in lessons. They will learn from global and South-Asian experts who will facilitate the program. Educators can apply these tools and strategies to inspire and influence students for measurable and improved learning outcomes.
2023 program dates
In 2023, we have provided introductory workshop sessions to 350 teachers globally.
The Blue Sky Storytelling in Education program is a 6-hour/3-day LIVE online course. The remaining dates for 2023 include:
- October 10-12th, 9am-10:30am CT OR 7:30-9:00pm India
- November 13-15th, 9am-10:30am CT OR 6:30-8:00pm India
- December 5-7th, 9am-10:30am CT OR 6:30-8:00pm India
Storytelling in Education Course Objectives
You will learn storytelling skills from global and South-Asian experts, to inspire and influence students.
- Understand the significance of inclusive storytelling in education
- Build creative confidence to design and deliver compelling and engaging lesson plans.
- Seamlessly integrate storytelling and texts across various subject areas.
- Select and curate high-quality texts that represent diverse cultures, experiences, and perspectives.
- Leverage storytelling techniques to support students’ social-emotional learning (SEL) competencies.
- Create engaging, inclusive, and impactful lesson plans that break down stereotypes and foster empathy and understanding.
- Enhance students’ active listening, articulation of ideas, reading comprehension, and writing skills.
Storytelling in Education Course Investment and Scholarship
You will be able to attend the LIVE online certification course after the donation ($200 for general applicants, $60 for scholarship holders) is made. After this fill in the registration form to be able to attend.
If you’re an educator who would like to apply for our 2023 scholarship program, apply HERE.
For a school-wide programs, email us. The program participants get a certification in storytelling in education.
Registration for the program (required)
Please fill in your details in the form HERE. Note, it is required, and if the form is not filled, you will not be able to attend the course.
Blue Sky Storytelling in Education Course Testimonials
For Blue Sky (educators, librarians, and aspiring creatives)
This is a global online course, so you can attend from anywhere in the world. Typical participants include: Parents, Educators, Teachers, Librarians, Administrators, Writers, Artists, and upcoming Authors.
Scholarships & Assistance
We offer 50 scholarships in a calendar year with the support of our foundation partners, Millennium India Education Foundation. Scholarships will partly cover course fees for selected applicants. Applications do not guarantee awards.
For bulk discounts as an institute, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the full prospectus HERE.
The Blue Sky program is a live online course for building your creative confidence. You will learn storytelling frameworks and other creative techniques to be able to tell an engaging story irrespective of the medium you choose. Global and South-Asian experts, artists, storytellers, non-profit and business leaders will share personal tools and strategies that you can readily apply to bring your creative vision to life. You will be able to build creative thinking and cognitive empathy. All our programs incorporate inclusion and diversity practices.
- 3 days x 2 hours per day = 6 hours of online live teaching
- 1 hour (optional) of group coaching post the course
- Workbooks, exercises, and a group presentation
- Mentors, South-Asian experts, and a community of committed educators
This is a course that is heavy on your sharing, creating, and trying out new skills that you are learning. Our aim is to have immersive practice sessions and group work in order to practice as we learn.
Through individual practice and group collaboration sessions, you will be able to present your case studies and assignments with peers and experts. This enables you to dive right into the material giving you skills that you are able to practice right away.
As a storytelling based organization, we also invest deep thinking time in reflection recognizing the power of storytelling in its purest form comes from reflection as much as creation.
- Use frameworks that will help you develop and craft your stories
- Share your story with impact
- Infuse diversity and inclusion practices into your work
- Build a network of fellow creatives and mentors to help you in your professional development and journey
- Create an active learning environment to build future storytellers in your classroom (for educators)
- Build engaging lesson plans for students in any subject (yes, math can use stories too!)
- Get a certification in Storytelling