Many high-schoolers in urban India or Pakistan grew up with Jane Austen classics in their school years. Thanks to incredible authors in the diaspora, these same stories are now available for us to enjoy with cups of chai and desi aunties in tow. Here are some recent South-Asian adaptations of Jane Austen books that will…
Peerbagh is an independent 501 c3 non-profit registered in the city of Austin, Texas. We work with a mission to build storytellers and diversify bookshelves.
- Parenting Advice: Why do we need to keep folk stories for kids alive?
- Kitabi Qisse S2: finding underrepresented voices in stories ft. sambasivan and Parikh
- Likhawat: Celebrating Brij Nath Betab And his Poetry Collection Harud
- 5 Asian Children’s Books On Love for Valentine’s Day
- Kitabi Qisse, S2: preethi chandrasekhar of Toka Box on improving incidental representation and connection with books
Bangladeshi YA authors bilingual books for toddlers childrens storytelling desi books Digital brand storytelling Dushyant Wadivkar engaging lesson plans guest post Jane Austen Adaptations Phoenix king reading is sexy social media research Storytelling experts Tasneem Dairywala writing competition for children