Much like a lot of South-Asians, Sathya Achia grew up with a low representation of desi books. However, unlike so many others, she’s making a change by acting on the inspirations from Indian oral storytelling traditions. Her young adult fantasy novel explores all these themes of adventure, magic, and the subcontinent’s allure. In talking with…
We’re recently been reading young adult fiction from South-Asian authors that’s been unputdownable. Strong desi themes, South-Asian lead characters, romance, mystery, and coming of age stories. What more can a booklover ask for? Join us for our monthly children’s Katha (story) session for creative writing Here are our picks for young adult fiction from South-Asian…
Peerbagh is an independent 501 c3 non-profit registered in the city of Austin, Texas. We work with a mission to build storytellers and diversify bookshelves.
- Parenting Advice: Why do we need to keep folk stories for kids alive?
- Kitabi Qisse S2: finding underrepresented voices in stories ft. sambasivan and Parikh
- Likhawat: Celebrating Brij Nath Betab And his Poetry Collection Harud
- 5 Asian Children’s Books On Love for Valentine’s Day
- Kitabi Qisse, S2: preethi chandrasekhar of Toka Box on improving incidental representation and connection with books
Bangladeshi YA authors bilingual books for toddlers childrens storytelling desi books Digital brand storytelling Dushyant Wadivkar engaging lesson plans guest post Jane Austen Adaptations Phoenix king reading is sexy social media research Storytelling experts Tasneem Dairywala writing competition for children